Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sports: Jason Leffler passes

Jason Leffler died as a result of injuries suffered in a wreck at Bridgeport Speedway in New Jersey at the age of 37, according to the Associated Press.   I've been a fan of his since the early USAC Midget car days where he won, I believe, 3 national championships.  It saddens me to see this as a race fan and one that dabbles in racing just go-karts, but its a reality of the dangers of the sport that I love to watch and love to participate in even at the low level that I do.

 
And a video tribute, Loudpedal:
He made it to the highest levels of the sport racing in the Indianapolis 500 and all levels of Nascar, not always successfully, but he made it, and not many can claim to be a USAC Champion.
My thoughts and well wishes go out to his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment