Sunday, November 29, 2015

Black Orcs!!!

With the demise of WHFB, my orc army bashing 'da humans is never going to see the light of day.

These are a batch of my Black Orcs.  I have ton of these guys modeled up and will be looking to send them to a good home at some point.

The idea was to make them a bit more dynamic.  In 2008....errr....yea it was that long ago, I won the Chicago GT Best Appearance with my Khorne Demon army, and Dave Taylor who at the time was working for GW asked me what army I was going to build next and I said orcs.  Well I think he gave me as the prize 20,000 black orcs.  Well maybe I exaggerate a little.

One of the cool things with Blorcs is the extra skull bits and that you can use Ogre bits like the fist piece on this one quite easily.
There is also room in the back for doing capes or furs like this one.

 Another thing I was playing with alot was adding blades and spikes coming off of the armor.

 The goal as I was building was as always in my army building is to attempt to not repeat a model.
 This one uses a weapon piece from the Empire Flagellants.
 I also started putting skull glyphs, and dag glyphs on the models.

 More fur with a chaos spike.
More to follow......

3 comments:

  1. looking great. you should finish them off. some nice characterful looking poses on these. would be ashame not to finish them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll all likely get finished by someone else.

      Delete
  2. Actually, you could try using them for KoW or AoS and there is always oldhammer. I Know a guy who likes KoW so much it is the only game he plays.

    ReplyDelete